Home care that helps your child blossom
Welcome, I hope this site will give you useful information about my childminding service, and if you would like to know anything else, or to arrange to visit, please feel free to contact me via the 'Further information' tab at the top right of this page.
My name is Amy and I live just off Filton Avenue in north Bristol with my husband, our three school aged children, and a cat who likes to sleep the day away. I have been a registered childminder since January 2013 and was also a nursery practitioner for eight years. My relevant qualifications and registrations include:
- Certificate in Early Years Practice (Level 4)
- Certificate in Working Together for Children (Level 4)
- NVQ Level 3 Early Years Care and Education
- NVQ Level 2 Child Care and Education
- Ofsted graded Outstanding
- Registered to provide free early education to eligible 2yr olds, and 3 & 4yr olds.
- Enhanced CRB checks for myself and my husband
- Paediatric First Aid certificate
- Safeguarding training
- Public liability insurance
- Bristol Childminding Network Enhanced membership
- Registered and inspected food premises
I love working with families to provide their children with a home-from-home environment that helps each child thrive, and nurtures their natural curiosity about the world around them.
My home has a sitting room equipped with a wide range of toys and resources to interest children, and the kitchen-diner is ideal for creative activities. The small enclosed garden has a range of play equipment and a patch for growing our own vegetables. There are also two playgrounds within two minutes walk. There is a peaceful sleeping area available upstairs, but if children usually prefer to sleep elsewhere I can find them a comfy sleeping pace such as sofa, lie-back pushchair or sling.